Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Story Of Us

I decided to skip so what wednesday this week and instead link up with Becky of From Mrs. To Momma and tell the story of us.


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
M and I started dating in late July 2000 so almost 12 years which is crazy!


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I was working as a lifeguard at my pool and M was one of the managers! We started out just flirting a lot since I was dating one of the other lifeguards. When we started dating it was kind of scandalous, M almost got fired for dating me since I was a member of the club, on top of our 6 year age difference! I wont tell you how old I was when we met but suffice it to say neither of our parents or friends really gave us much of a chance or blessing. 


3. If married, how long have you been married?
We got married June 3, 2006...6 years this June!





4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
We got married in Charleston, SC with about 100 guests. I had never dreamed of having an out of town wedding but it is hands down the best thing I ever let M talk me into! He had never been and ironically my dad's family is from Charleston! 









5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Honestly we don't really have any nicknames for each other, I call M, M a lot and his mom calls him 'Tock. All my friends call me Bedell which is my maiden name and my mom calls me bugaboo


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love his work ethic, he is an amazing dad to Hudson, and his need for adventure







7. Tell us how he proposed?
M's dad was asked to judge the bands for the London New Years Day Parade so M and I tagged along on the trip. We stayed in the most beautiful hotel right on the river, on NYE we were watching the fireworks over the river and I thought it would be funny to have him fake propose to me with my promise ring and send the pic to my mom.  Thinking nothing of it the next morning we woke (extremely hungover) and went to breakfast. M pulled out this little heart shaped box and said he had gotten me something from Paris(I had arrived after their day trip to Paris), I immediately start telling him to stop getting me things in little boxes b/c he kept getting my hopes up, blah, blah, blah. I looked down and there was the perfect ring...the one I had been saying I wanted. The first words out of my mouth were I think I'm going to throw up! Very romantic! I couldn't believe my parents had kept the secret from me!





8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals? He is a little of both! M is definitely the romantic, although I love a little romance every once and awhile!


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I used to be a sunset dinner on the beach girl but after H and since we live in a new city most weekends we just watch a movie in bed. Very boring I know!


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? We would both love to go back to Europe and travel throughout. We would probably even move there if given the opportunity.






11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Nothing really, probably grill some steaks after H goes to bed. Hoping to be able to go out when M's parents are here in a couple weeks.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope, well just a nice night out with M!


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Wow, I think communication is the key to everything, it is also the hardest thing to do! You have to fight and put in the work for a relationship to work. I work everyday to make sure I am living up to the wife and partner I want to be.






14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin