Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cooking 101


Those of you that know me know that I do not cook!  When I used to babysit the only thing I would "cook" was hot dogs, don't ask me how many grilled cheeses I have ruined!

I was very blessed to marry a man who loves to cook and is extremely good at it.  Lately I have tried to take on some more of the cooking and am getting tired of my staples!  I have been getting recipes online to try and decided to blog about it as I go!

Here is the first one...

BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA


boiling water for my chicken in the Le Cruset
I used a broth that Mack had made for soup
the ingredients 
2 boiled chicken breasts
cooked pasta
starting the roux
before the oven
the finished product, yum!

Recipe (serves 4-6)

1 pound pasta
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks (I shredded mine)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 cups milk
4 ounces grated monterey jack cheese + more for topping
1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese + more for topping
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
for garnish:  3/4 cup chopped green onion(I omitted this), 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, additional buffalo wing sauce if needed

Preheat oven to 375F
Cook pasta according to instructions

While pasta is cooking, heat medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add the butter, and once it's melted and bubbly add the flour.  Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color.  Add milk, stir and turn down the heat to low.  Continue stirring until milk thickens.  Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth.  Stir in buffalo sauce.  Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.

Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheeses sauce over and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.  Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs.  Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.  Remove from oven and immediately top with gorgonzola and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin