Monday, January 7, 2013

Pity Party Table of 1

Today I am having a pity party all for myself, no one else is invited to join.

Why am I having a pity party you ask? Well it is my birth month...and this year I will be turning the big 3-0.

I am not really upset about turning 30, I am actually excited to see what 30 brings but I would be remised if I didn't say that the vision I had for where I would be at 30 didn't turn out exactly how I had planned it back when I was in high school and college.

I always thought I would be finished having kids by 30 when in reality I wasn't exactly ready to have a baby at 26 and am not finished with having babies, at least I hope...
I thought I'd be living in Richmond surrounded by family and old friends...I have moved between 4 states in the last 10 years and have loved discovering new places.
I had grand visions of being a stay at home mom...after 2 stints of SAHMing it for 18 months each time I have come to realization that I am not SAHM material, at least not full time

I am also a little disappointed that there won't be any big 30th birthday party, not because I need it but because I am selfish and wish like hell I could get all of my friends together for 1 night from all over the country and world. But since that can't happen a nice dinner with M and maybe even a night to ourselves will do the trick.

So I will continue my pity party about turning 30 and not having a party although after writing this I think my pity party is over because let's face it I can always have a party at 40 right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin