Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Friendship Series Part II

The second question about friendship that the sermon brought up was "What Is Friendship?"

I am going to try and answer/define this question...

A true friend is always lets you in and never lets you down. You are able to reveal yourself and share secrets to a true friend. True friends make sacrifices for each other.  A friend loves you at all times, even when it is hard.

This is how I define friendship. I have a core group of girls that I trust and that I feel comfortable enough to share secrets with. Those girls have been there for me in good times and in the tough times and for that I will always be grateful for them!

As I've gotten older I've realized how important it is to have friends around you. When we moved to Florida I didn't know a soul, I didn't have a job, and M was off in Thailand. To say I was lonely would be an understatement. Eventually I met an amazing group of women through a mom's group. While there was a ton of drama...in the end I came out of it with some truly great friends. Some have already made plans to visit!

When we moved to Tennessee I was again nervous about meeting people, I mean it had taken me over a year to make friends in FL! One of my FL moms suggested joining a MOPS group to meet people. Within 2 weeks of moving to a new city I was welcomed into this group of amazing women and immediately made friends.

I'm so glad that I've found wonderful friends to surround myself with. While I wish I had kept up with a lot of my friends from high school and college I can't go back and change that. All I can do now is foster the relationships I have and be open to new ones!

Hope this series hasn't been too boring! Only 1 more day of my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin