Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vacation Recap

Hello Hello! We just got back from a great little trip back home to VA! We managed to hit up a lot of our old haunts and enjoy friends and family :)

We flew into Norfolk and decided to stop in Williamsburg where we lived for 2 years. M had to have a Cheese Shop sandwich...or 2, we walked H through Colonial Williamsburg to see the animals, I stopped by my old job, and we drove by our old houses :)

Our next stop was dinner with friends from B school on our way to the river. Of course I didn't take a single picture :( H ran their little boy Conner (15 months) around and around until he was red in the face! We also went on a little boat ride on their lake.

Finally that night we made it to my parents river house :) H's first words when we pulled up were "where is papa?" Although we could only stay for 1 night and it happened to be freezing I wouldn't have traded it for anything! My dad came down the next morning and he and M put the boat in. All of his brothers and their wives came later that afternoon for the weekend, it was Daddy's 60th bday celebration! H had fun meeting one pair of great uncle and great aunt for the 1st time. He of course had many of them eating out of his hands :)

That night we headed up to Richmond to babysit my youngest cousins for the weekend. Again I can't believe I didn't take any pictures :( 

Saturday I ran the kids around to various activities. I met one of my oldest friends in the world for lunch with H and then picked up the kids. We then had M's parents over for dinner, along with my brother and his gf, and some other friends. No pictures b/c there was a small house fire 2 houses down that caught our attention and made us lose our power.

Sunday we headed down to M's parents for the day. I got out of the house for a much needed pedicure! We then headed to Norfolk to spend the night since we had an early flight the next morning, it was awful, it took us almost 4 hours because of accidents!

the pictures are out of order, sorry :(

running around in the garden at CW


the horses at CW

M and H

 M and H in front of the Governor's Mansion at CW

Our favorite old house :)

H found a deer antler in Papa's truck

 Hudson and Papa



Me, Hudson, and Papa


driving the boat







fire trucks! 5 showed up and poor H had fallen asleep watching Cars 2!

my boys


Hudson with my cousin Mallory



Papa, Hudson, and Mimi

4 Bedell boys and 2 Lindseys

the house :)

 the view

M, Papa, Hudson, Reg (front), Woody, and Alan

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great vacation!
    Lots of great pics :)
    I thought I had already said hello when I joined via GFC the other day, but looking back on your posts I hadn't yet. So Hello! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!!! Looks like y'all had a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin