Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Charleston Part 1


Well we are back from our trip to Charleston! We just love this city and it was so much fun to share it with Hudson! The Spoletto Festival was in full swing which was fun!

We got on the road about 7pm Friday night for our 6 our drive, mind you Mommy had been up since 4:30am! Hudson was a great little traveler and slept most of the way, of course when we got in he stayed up until about 3am. Saturday we had brunch at the hotel and then went to the farmer's market. Of course I forgot my camera in the car so I don't have any pics from Saturday :( Hudson had a blast jumping in the bounce house, I thought that all of that bouncing would tire him out, I was wrong, there would be no napping for us!

Sunday morning we woke up and tried to go to the Hominy Grill for breakfast....the line was down the block! We ended up going to High Cotton for brunch which is where we had our rehearsal dinner 5 years ago! After brunch Mack and I walked all along the Battery with Hudson. We love looking at the water and the beautiful houses.

That night Mack and I got to have a date night, we went to Fleet Landing which is right on the water. It was wonderful!

Monday morning we spent some time with the Lindsey's and then got on the road for the drive back. Hudson pretty much was fed up with the car at about the last hour or so which made for a long last part! We all got home unpacked and went straight to bed!

I will be doing laundry and then repacking for our trip to Richmond on Thursday....it never ends!




Just love these houses!

Mommy and Hudson on our walk around the Battery



Battery Park



Melts my heart!






Beautiful Moss Oak trees








Hudson loved running around the park and looking at the cannons that fired the 1st shots of the civil war





Mack's dream house and car....he has a slight obsession with woody's!



Hudson and I in front of my great grandmother's house on King St.


More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin