Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holly Leaves

So I attempted to make these amazing Christmas treats that my mom has been making forever! They are amazing!!!! SO since we are having a little Christmas party for the kids here on Saturday I decided that I would try and make my mom's holly leaves.

You make them by first melting butter, marshmellows, and food coloring as seen below You then add in the corn flakes and stir them around until they are coated in the above mixture

And finally you try very hard to make lumps of the above look like holly leaves by adding 2 red hots in the center......




I must say they do not look half as green as my mom's do and nothing like holly leaves but I guess the point is that I did it for the first time ever! So thanks mom for not living in Orlando, because I totally would have made you do this! I hope that I don't eat them all before Saturday, as they are my favorite thing at Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin